matt hyland On Sunday 1 November 2009

There are many variations of this book there is the usual film by Steven Spielberg The Lost World, that strangely has sadly taken over the imagination of what people think of the Lost World book by Conan Doyle. For example you say Lost World to anyone on the street and they instantly think Jurassic Park, which is quite sad in a way.



looking at many other adaptations there is the lost world from the 1925/1960 and one what seems to a be TV series in 2000



(1925 silent film)



(1960)



(2000, that seems to be a TV series)




Through reading through the scenes of the pages given too me, I'm interested on well the scenes are described, in the knowledge of what trees and plants there are with in the book to describe the amazon.... through this I have been looking up imagery of the amazon jungle and forests, I think my true challenge with in this, is going to get be light and shading with in the adaptation of the scene, as from reviewing images I feel that there are going to be many dark tones used.








with in all these shots, they use many shades and many tones and many uses of color, by gathering, aspects of these images, I can create a clearer image of what I maybe looking for, for when I create and experiment, but being careful in not just duplicating an already made image of the amazon...

One Response so far.

  1. Leo Tsang says:

    Hey Matt, I got the Lost World as source material too. I agree with your view on the modern adaptation of the Lost World Jurassic Park style, and that sticking to the original and perhaps some other adaptations is the best bet. Been reading the book where there are some lovely descriptions of visual imagery. Look forward to seeing your take on the Lost World!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments