matt hyland On Sunday 6 September 2009

Right I'm matt, or matt man, I'm still getting used to this site, I have not been able to post images of my concepts due to my brother going on holiday and taking the cameras with him =( so I'm un able to take images of my work at this moment.

bar that I'm going to talk about some of the game styles I like (I'm more of a gamer than a filmy style person, as i don't really spend large amounts of time watching films rather than i do playing) but it swings and roundabouts.

The main game I like at the moment is sims three. But i do believe they have knocked a lot of stuff out of the game to make way for the new, if you compare things from sims 2 and its army of expansion packs to the sims 3 there's more in sims 2 than sims3. But in my opinion they've taken the best of all the games and put it into sims 3, although the main thing i do miss is the being able to build your own night clubs, bars, social areas, schooling and living. (not so much the pets). but i found my houses where better looking on sims 2 than sims 3, although the graphics where not as grate on sims 2 as they are on sims 3. But I am learning on sims 3 to compensate, although sims 3 has only just come out, so I think it is baby steps still and the sims 3 world of adventures expansion pack looks promising.



And below is an example of one of my houses on sims 3, I like sims 3 and games like this due to there amount of creativity and the ability of allowing the player, to create as much as they want with in the game, another game like this is roller coaster tycoon 3 or (RCT3 for short).




Moving on from sims 3, the other game that has caught my eye is mass effect, again I like the freedom of what the game gives you, and interestingly how the games moves up like a tree till the final end. My problem with the game is once you've done the game, you know how to get to the end and you know what happens, although you can create many different characters and be different styles. I always end up finishing the game in the same manner. The main thing I also like is the freedom to fly around the galaxy landing on different planets. Although I found it was limited to how many planets you could land. (I hope this changes in mass effect two like being able to land on earth and more other planets and the planets having a bit more on them, than just lots of mountains going up and down). the weapons I've heard on mass effect two are going to be excellent. The other main thing I like about Mass Effect is the scenery.

( image from, http://artect.net/?p=396 )

(Citadel)

And looking at the conceps for mass effect two I conclued that it is going to be a verry visually pleasing game




( image from, http://masseffect.bioware.com/media/wallpapers )

Now onto my war games, the classic war game I loved was Battlefield 1943 along with its map editor, creating large scale maps and scenarios I found amazing, (although the graphics where awful) but to play it was so fun (again the scents of freedom) you could be anything from controlling a ship, gun emplacement, tank, plain or even just a soldier in which then brings me onto Battlefield 2142 the much later game. This was one of the first games I had played online against people. And even now I cant forget how some of the battles changed so much wile playing this game, how one minute we'd be loosing the next we'd be fighting back and winning just by taking points on the map and defending them, and the game would end up in a mass tug of war battle. And each map would be vast, open and wide with all different vehicles re-spawning. The downside to this game was that you had to keep downloading new patches and sometimes you where regally kicked by punk buster or by the players or the server and every thing would get a bit sour. I talk about this game in a past tense, due to that unknowingly the game had a problem with motherboards not liking the game for some reason, and when I got my new computer, the game would not play and switch off or crash even if I had downloaded the latest patch.... ='( And when I did get a new computer after a very long while, I got it back up and running but they had then deleted my account due to insufficient playing so i just gave up. ='(

Other games I like are Command and Conquer (C&C), supreme commander, call of duty 4 and world at war online, GT 5 prologue, Collin McCray Dirt, Need for speed 2, warms 4 Armageddon, Settlers 5 Gold, Grid and little big planet.

And many many more, so yeah this is my blog on kinda saying hi and what my influences are and what inspires me, as I say I am getting used to the site and what i can put on here and how things work, another thing i'd like to say is that i have mild Asperger and I may go into a bit too much depth into subjects.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments